Catherine Galliford ‘18
Spring break is only days away and it’s easy to get bored after seven free days in a small town like Bethel. In case you’re coming up short with ideas for next week, here’s a list of ideas to keep you occupied and enjoy the (hopefully) nicer weather.
- Go on a beach trip
- Some great options in CT are Jennings Beach (Fairfield), Sherwood Isle (Westport), or Silver Sands (Milford).
- New York
- It’s easier than you’d think to hop on a train at the Bethel or Brewster stations and ride into Grand Central Station. The Highline in Chelsea, the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade in Brooklyn, or the classic and authentic Joe’s Pizza are all great stops!
- Apply for scholarships
- See Mrs. Conley in the College & Career center for more information!
- Read a book
- Visit your local independent bookstore, Byrd’s Books, or stop by the library! Some great recent books include “Tangerine” by Christine Mangan, “An American Marriage” by Tayari Jones, and “Educated” by Tara Westover.
- Go to a park
- Tarrywile, Huntington and Putnam are all great stops — check the weather beforehand!
- Do your homework, kids!
- See a movie
- Excellent recent releases include “Love, Simon,” “A Quiet Place,” “Isle of Dogs” and “Sherlock Gnomes”
- Binge a show
- “Grace and Frankie,” “Queer Eye,” “Portlandia,” “Master of None” and “The People vs. OJ” are all on Netflix now.
- SAT Prep
- It’s boring, but worth it in the long run! Khan Academy is your friend.
- Go to the zoo
- The Beardsley Zoo is right in Bridgeport, CT, and the Bronx Zoo in New York isn’t too far of a trip. Spring is always the best time to take a trip to the zoo — spring break is right in time for new baby animals!